Acupuncture is probably the most promising "alternative medicine" from Traditional medicine. Although there is a controversy about designing a proper placebo, for now, the evidence seems to show that placebo has similar effect. i.e. just pricking anywhere you want.
- Acupuncture activates the brain
Yin and yang of acupuncture > In a randomized controlled trial, Linde and colleagues tested the value of acupuncture for the treatment of migraines. ... Therefore, acupuncture was no more effective than sham acupuncture in reducing migraines, although both interventions had some positive effects compared with no treatment. In the second study, a team led by Lewith used position-emission tomography to investigate whether acupuncture has a specific demonstrable effect on the brain. ... The authors conclude that acupuncture has a real physiological effect that might underlie its ability to relieve pain.
sciencedaily:All Placebos Not Created Alike: In A Trial Of Sham Acupuncture Vs. Oral Placebo Pill, Patients Experienced Greater Pain Reduction From Sham Device
- yeinz:한의학, 기대효과, 플라시보
- yeinz:Acupuncture and Placebo Effect (1)
- nature news:Acupuncture may show effect in treating Parkinson's
- our Friday Dose of Woo: How can you make acupuncture even more unbelievable? Oh, yes, add "harmonic" healing!
- Acupuncture and polycystic ovary disease: A depressing case of science by press release
- Yawn. Another worthless acupunct-I mean acupressure-study
- It's not just acupuncture; it's laser acupuncture!
- The largest "randomized" acupuncture study ever done: Why did they even bother?
- eskeptic:Puncturing the Acupuncture Myth
- Yet another acupuncture meta-analysis: Garbage in, garbage out
- 최종욱:침술의 효능은 플라시보다.
- 스튜디오판타지아:Acupuncture Works…As…
- Can we finally just say that acupuncture is nothing more than an elaborate placebo? Can we?
- And I thought I was exaggerating when I discussed "battlefield" acupuncture
- cognitive daily:Acupuncture: The better the study, the worse the result
- 마바리:침술에 관련된 임상 논문은 어떻게 작성해야 할까?
- orac:When what an acupuncture study shows is much more interesting than what acupuncture believers think it shows
- Acupuncture quackademic medicine infiltrates PLoS ONE
- Acupuncture Is Theatrical Placebo
Incoming Links #
Related Articles (Article 0) #
Suggested Pages #
- 0.737 Stretching
- 0.113 Food
- 0.085 Home
- 0.039 Restaurants
- 0.011 Olfaction
- 0.005 Food choice
- 0.005 Calorie
- 0.002 Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human
- 0.001 Music
- 0.001 Diet
- More suggestions...